Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
- What time is check-in?
A: Check-in is anytime AFTER 3pm. AT THIS TIME THERE IS NO EARLY CHECK BEFORE 3PM
What if I am arriving late?
A: We understand if you need to arrive later in the day – that is not a problem. You can access your vacation home anytime after 3pm as per your instructions email to you. . If checking in at the Kaanapali Alii Resort, the front desk is staffed 24 hours/day for sign-in key card pick-up.
What time is check-out?
A: Check-out time is anytime before 11am.
Can I have a late check-out?
A: Late check-out is based on availability. There is an additional fee for late check-out.It is based on when the next person will be checking in. We will not be able to reserve a late check-out in advance. The only way to guarantee 100% a late check-out is to book an additional night.
Where are you located?
A: All of our condo Rentals are located within The Kaanapali Alii Resort located in the area of Ka’anapali, on the west side of Maui, south of Kahana and Kapalua. Please refer to our Driving Directions section for more details.
How do we book a property?
A: Select a property that you like the most and then the dates you would like to vacation. Check the availability of those properties online. If they are available, you can proceed to book the property online, r email, or call us to book it! We respond to all emails within 24 hours.
Can I get internet access?
A: Yes, we provide complimentary WiFi in your condo. The log-in information will be displayed in the condo.
What standard items are included with every rental property?
A: We provide the following for each rental:
• One set of linens for each bed and pullout couch
• Blankets and bed comforters that are clean and are regularly professionally cleaned
• Enough laundry soap to do at least one load of laundry
• 1 new sponge for each kitchen sink and dishwashing soap
• 1 pump soap container at each sink filled with anti-bacterial hand soap
• bath towel, washcloth and hand towel, and 1 shower mat for each guest in the condo ( studio 4 each/ 1bdrm5 each/ 2bdrm 6 each )
• 1 set of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and face soap, and body soap bar for each bathroom. (2oz. size)
• A coffee kuerik POD MACHINE
• A blender
• Pots and pans
• Glassware, dishes, and flatware for maximum number of guests
• Serving/mixing bowls, colander
• First aid kit under bathroom sink
• A broom and a dust pan
• Salt & pepper some spices (foil, zip lock baggies)
•Iron and Iron Board
Our “Beach Items” in each unit includes the following items:
EXCEPTION IS KA'ANAPALI ALII – THERE IS A BEACH HUT AT THE POOL AREA , HERE YOU GET YOUR BEACH TOWELS and beach chairs and any other items you may want
• Beach Chairs (4 in 2bd/2ba and 2 in 1bd/1ba)
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Towels for maximum guests
• Beach toys
• DVD player (you can also rent DVDs at the grocery store down the street) wireless - use your netflix account
If any of these items are missing or not working when you arrive at the property - please let us know and we will attend to getting the items replaced as quickly as possible. Please note: we do not replenish the perishable amenities (coffee, toilet paper, shampoo, etc).
What is your mailing address if I need to mail you something?
Beach Rental West Maui Attn Bonnie Chadwick
21 Nia Place
Lahaina, HI 96761
Packages: If you need to have a package mailed to you while staying at one of our condos, please make arrangements with us to have your package mailed to the company’s office. Please be advised that only one package per reservation will be accepted. It is the guest’s responsibility to track and pick-up the package. We are not responsible for informing guests when package arrives nor do we guarantee the contents of your package.
What do I do if my luggage is lost?
A: If your luggage is lost at the airport, contact your airlines and have them deliver the bags to you at your property. You will need to make sure that the driver that will be delivering your bags has your personal cell phone number. The front desk will NOT accept luggage for you. You will need to have the driver of the shuttle/delivery service call you upon arrival and meet him at the front lobby to pick-up your luggage.
Payments & Charges
When is my first payment due?
A: 50% deposit on the total rental is required to book your stay with us. The balance is due 30 - 45 days prior to check-in. We accept all major credit cards, debit cards and e-check payment (except AMEX).
Once I have paid in full, what should I expect next?
A: After you have paid in full, and 14 days before your arrival, we will send you the driving directions and check-in information to your vacation rental property by email. If you don't have your information within 7 days of the stay at the property, please contact our office so we can re-send it to you.
What is your cancellation policy?
A: Should the need arise to cancel your reservation prior to 60 days of your arrival, regardless of reason (including bad weather, illness, or economic factors), you will receive a full refund minus the $125 non-refundable booking fee. Cancellations within 60 days will receive no refunds. There are no refunds for late arrivals, early departures, or for leaving the condo for mechanical failure of non-essential items.
We will be working or doing business on vacation and MUST have high-speed internet access and good cell phone coverage. Can that be guaranteed?
A: 100% of our rental properties offer wireless access in the condos; however, we do not guarantee working internet access and do not offer refunds if it is not working. Many shops in the area offer free WIFI if the internet in the condo isn't working to your satisfaction.
What is expected of me in regards to the cleaning of the property after my stay?
A: Your property should be cleaned to your satisfaction when you arrive. Cleaning is included in your rental price.
Please remove your garbage, load and turn on the dishwasher, secure all doors and windows, and double check the safe for any personal items. However, should the cleaning of the property exceed the hours expected, you will be charged $30 per hour from your credit card on file for any extra time it took to clean the property.
What do we need to bring with us to our vacation property?
A: Whatever will make your vacation one of a lifetime! All of our properties are equipped with a full kitchen. If a previous guest has left basic cooking supplies (oil, seasonings, etc.), we will leave these for the next guest; however, we don’t replenish them. We provide basic amenities and there are some beach supplies in each condo.
What happens if we leave something behind after we leave?
A: If we find an item, we will keep it for 30 days after check-out. Please contact us as soon as possible if you think an item was left behind in a condo. After 30 days, if we are not contacted, we will donate the item. We do charge a fee to retrieve and keep any items. In addition to shipping and handling charges to return your items left behind, we charge $25 to look for and store lost items. Please make sure to triple check the rental property before you depart to make sure you leave nothing behind.
Is booking online secure?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- What are the benefits of a vacation condo rental?
- Our vacation condos are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a small hotel room. Our homes have full kitchens, with some homes having game rooms, hot tubs and BBQ grills. You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.